Last night, an email was sent to Muslims of all denominations, the Sunni Muslims in particular were asked to make an effort to attend the Friday prayers at a Shia or Ahmadiyya Mosques as a symbol of solidarity with them.
I was pleased with the calls from around the world and emails from Baghdad, Lahore, Kuala Lumpur and here in the United states. Thank God, many are going to different mosques.
I went to the Momin Center in Irving, Texas. The Imam delivered a great Khutba (sermon) about having faith in God, and asking God for help. He likened God to the CEO of a mega corporation- he said, if you know the boss, life becomes easy for you and added, if you are with God, he makes the life easy for you.
The Imam acknowledged the presences of Sunni Muslims attending the Juma prayers in solidarity with the Shia Muslims.
If you are a Sunni Muslim, make an effort to attend the Friday prayers at a Shia or Ahmadiyya Mosques -more about it. To find a Shia Mosque in the United States go to http://www.islamicfinder.org/ and in Dallas, go to www.DallasMuslimCenter.com
The 1st step was taken on Thursday, February 26, 2013 and here are the three different reports of the event, and the video will be out in a few days and will be posted here as well.
- Rice University - http://news.rice.edu/2013/02/22/commonalities-in-focus-at-rare-intrafaith-dialogue-on-islam/
- Houston Chronicle - http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2013/02/intra-faith-panel-discusses-peaceful.html
- World Muslim Congress - http://www.worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2013/02/muslims-talk-with-muslims-at-boniuk.html
- Video to be added:
Here are the two emails worth reading;
Shia mosque is ok. I have said many prayers there but I will go to Ahmadiyyah mosque but to respectfully observe their service :) one has to make a serious case to engage Ahmadiyyah into mainstream - unless they ractify a fundamental belief i.e. No prophet after Mohammad (PBUH)
I just prayed at Ahmediyya mosque in Nairobi a month back, because our homoeopath is an Ahmedi.
I have also just been invited by Nazim A. to go to Jaffery's to pray and to go visit the mausoleums in Najaf and Kerbala with the Ithna'asheri group. They and the Bohoras, in my experience, know more about the early history and the passions of Hadhrat Bibi Fatima (as), Hadhrat Hassan, Hadhrat Ali (as) and Hadhrat Hussein (as) and those who held to them than we do, as Khoja Ismailis.
It's good to do this. The Ahmadiyya mosque is really peaceful.
- Shia Sunni Solidarity on Fridays http://www.worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.co
- Hunting down Shia Muslims, what next? http://www.worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2013/03/hunting-down-shias-societys-deafening.html
- Muslims Condemn Zardari Government for not protecting the Shia ...“We condemn the harassment and killings of Shia and Ahmadiyya Pakistanis by Sunni Pakistanis. The Jhangvi leaders are saying they will kill more Shias, and are walking around like the beasts on prowl. http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2013/02/muslims-condemn-zardari-government-for.html
- Ramadan adds a valuable time to feel the sense of the community. The blog www.RamadanDaily.com chronicles Iftaar a day, in a different Masjid; Shia, Sunni, Ahmadiyya, Bohra, WD Muhammad, Ahle-sunnat, Sufi... and even Iftaar at Bait-al-Muqaddas and Masjid al-Aqsa Mosques. We all need to do our share of building a cohesive group of Muslims for creating good things.
- World Muslim Congress : Sunni-Shia strife - The Economist Muslim scholars, 170 in number and representing nine schools of legal thought (including four main Sunni ones and two Shia), gathered in Amman and declared that, whatever their differences, they accepted the others' ... http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2012/07/sunni-shia-strife-economist.html
- World Muslim Congress : Shias massacred in Pakistan If we blame the religion, we have passed the buck to an innocent intangible, we need to get the individual bad guys and get them to pay for it. They are not Talibans, not Sunnis, not Shias not... lets develop a mind set to get the ... http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2012/03/shias-massacred-in-pakistan.html
- Muslim Intra faith dialogue in Houston SUNNI, SHIA, AHMADIYYA AND WD MUHAMMAD DENOMINATIONS. Describe the outline of the event at the Asia Society. Who will be involved? What is the schedule? What is the format? What is the expected outcome? http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2013/02/muslim-intra-faith-dialogue-in-houston.html
- World Muslim Congress : Saudi Cleric -Shia infidels THE BIGOTS AMONG US Saudi cleric issues religious edict declaring Shiites to be infidels. The article below is inciting and ridiculous. No Muslim will subscribe to this non-sense unless they are paid to do it. Whatever City ... http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2008/01/saudi-cleric-shia-infidels.html